Paying for your education
Below are websites that offer information about private scholarship options. University of Northwestern is not connected to, nor does it endorse, the companies or the awards listed on the sites linked below. Legitimate companies never charge an application fee for the award they are offering and we do not recommend paying a company for the scholarship for which you are applying.
- FastWEB (FastWEB is the largest and most complete scholarship search on the Internet.)
- Free Scholarship Search & Resources website
- FinAid! (The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid)
- TCAEA (Twin Cities Adult Education Alliance) scholarships website
There are two ways to qualify for a Family Discount:
- Families who have more than one student (parent, child, sibling or spouse) attending at the same time within the College of Adult & Graduate Studies, which includes Graduate Studies and Focus Adult Undergraduate programs, may qualify for the Family Discount. Both students must be seeking a degree or certificate through the College of Adult & Graduate Studies at Northwestern to qualify. Full-time students in the Focus Adult Undergraduate program who are eligible will receive $250. Less than full-time students will receive a prorated amount.
- Adult students who have a son or daughter attending the traditional undergraduate program are eligible for a Family Discount of $250 off parent tuition. The parent(s) must be seeking a degree or certificate. The traditional undergraduate student does not receive the discount.
Christian Worker Discount*
A tuition discount is offered to students who are currently employed as full-time pastors, missionaries, or Christian education directors. Please have your organization send a letter to Financial Aid verifying your full-time employment status. Full-time students in the Focus Adult Undergraduate program who are eligible will receive $250. Less than full-time students will receive a prorated amount.
*Students may apply for a Family Discount or the Christian Worker Discount, but not both.
Military Tuition Discount
Northwestern's College of Adult & Graduate Studies offers a military discount of up to $750 per semester for full-time (12+ credits) adult undergraduate students and up to $440 per semester for full-time (6+ credits) graduate studies students.
Students must apply and meet the terms and conditions, in order to apply for this discount.
More details can be found here.
University of Northwestern – St. Paul adult education programs are approved at many major corporations as an employee benefit for tuition reimbursement. You may contact your organization's human resources office to find out more about your company's process and policies.
Northwestern scholarships for continuing students
Your perseverance can pay off. There are several scholarships available for continuing Focus Adult Undergraduate students. The application process opens in March each year for scholarships awarded the following academic year. Look for application details posted in the Daily Journal announcements on theROCK.
- Focus Scholarship: open to students who have completed at least one semester at UNW and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- SPHERE Scholarship: open to students who meet certain criteria and have demonstrated financial need.
- UNW General Endowed Scholarship: open to dedicated students with demonstrated financial need.
- Tzedakah Scholarship: open to Minnesota residents who have completed one year of education at UNW and are enrolled in the traditional undergraduate or Focus Adult Undergraduate program.
All Northwestern scholarship require evidence that students represent and demonstrate the high ideals of the mission, vision and values of Northwestern.
There are various low-interest federal student loan programs available to Northwestern students and/or the parents of dependent students. Learn more about the types of loans available for your education.
Contact Financial Aid
Office location and hours
Nazareth Hall, N1132
Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m.