Northwestern considers all of the following in the admission process for students wishing to enter the Focus Adult Undergraduate program:
- Evidence of a new birth in Jesus Christ.
- Willingness to abide by the conduct expectations as outlined in the Declaration of Christian Community.
- Likelihood of academic success at Northwestern.
- Three years of post-high school work/life experience.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00.
- Submission of application.
- Submission of official high school transcripts verifying diploma completion or GED certificate.
- Submission of transcripts from all postsecondary institutions at which the applicant previously registered whether or not transferable credits were earned.
Your application will be considered complete when the following have been received:
- Completed application (online application or PDF application).
- Application fee of $30 (check or money order payable to University of Northwestern)
- Official high school transcript verifying diploma completion or an official GED certificate.
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions at which you have previously registered, whether or not transferable credits were earned.
Completed application and items listed above should be mailed, e-mailed or faxed to:
University of Northwestern – St. Paul
3003 Snelling Avenue North
St. Paul, MN 55113-1598
Contact your admission counselor if you have any questions about the application process.
Additional essays, references or interviews may be requested.
Financial aid process
If you are applying for financial aid you will to:
- Complete the FAFSA form online at www.fafsa.ed.gov (school code 002371)
- Follow the steps to apply for financial aid
Once your file is complete and has been reviewed by the admissions committee, you will be notified of your admission status within 1–2 weeks.