School of Nursing Applications
Applications are now being accepted for: Traditional Path, Cohort 14 (Begins Fall Term 2020) Accelerated Path, Cohort 15 (Begins May 2021)
Applications are now being accepted for:
- Traditional Path, Cohort 14 (Begins Fall Term 2020)
- Accelerated Path, Cohort 15 (Begins May 2021)
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) pre-licensure program is granted approval from the Minnesota Board of Nursing. Nursing Major candidates who have completed all program, credit, and degree requirements will be recommended for the candidate's licensure (NCLEXRN®). The baccalaureate program at Northwestern is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
The Northwestern Difference
- A blended learning format—enjoy both face-to-face and online learning
- A Christ-centered approach to service and care—combine your faith with your career
- Interprofessional collaboration—interact with healthcare professionals in class
- Clinical immersions—gain focused experience with cross-cultural and population-based learning opportunities
How long is the Baccalaureate Nursing Program?
We offer two paths within the School of Nursing: the Accelerated Path and the Traditional Path.
Accelerated Path – (Four terms in a row)
- Term 1: May through mid-August
- Term 2: End of August through mid-December
- Term 3: January through May
- Term 4: June through September
Traditional Path– (Summer terms off)
- Term 1: End of August through mid-December
- Term 2: January through May
- Term 3: End of August through mid-December
- Term 4: January through May
Learn about Nursing around the World
Northwestern's School of Nursing offers transcultural learning opportunities to fully prepare nursing students with the skills and abilities required in meeting the healthcare needs of diverse populations. Since the program began in 2013, students have visited seven different countries! Upcoming trips to Zimbabwe and Quito are currently being planned.